KCMetropolis.org was created to fill a critical need for substantive arts coverage in our community. We cover traditional and independent classical music, dance, theatre, jazz, independent film, world music and the visual arts in the Kansas City metropolitan area in several ways:
1) Critical and unbiased reviews, previews and interviews as writers and scheduling allows.
2) Press releases on local arts news.
Although we do try to cover as many performances as possible, the volume of great performing arts in the metropolis just doesn’t allow us to review and preview everything.
1) To submit press releases and other news information to KCMetropolis.org, please send to press@KCMetropolis.org. Press Releases should be sent in the body of an email or in a Word.doc format. We are not able to copy and paste PDF’s. High resolution electronic photos should accompany press releases whenever possible, although we will use our discretion in publishing them.
2) For letters to the editor and all other inquiries, please go to our Contact Us page or email press@KCMetropolis.org.
3) Editorial assignments are built from the ArtsKCGo.com calendar. If you are not listed on this calendar, we will not cover your event. Visit ArtsKCGo.com to create an account and load in your events.
4) KCM assigns stories at least a month out; please make sure you are listing your event at least 6 weeks out from the actual date.
Make a tax-free donation to us.
Click the DONATE button below now to make an online donation
or mail a check to 4824 NE Marvin Road, Kansas City, MO 64118.
KCMetropolis.org is a 501c3 nonprofit. Donations are tax deductible. For more information about becoming a supporter of KCMetropolis.org, please contact Marcy Chiasson at email@example.com